Hamlet Homes is part of the growing Hamlet companies group providing Utah families quality, value priced homes in attractively designed neighborhoods.
Hamlet Homes is part of the growing Hamlet companies group providing Utah families quality, value priced homes in attractively designed neighborhoods. This position provides drafting functions for Hamlet Homes' product development department. This position is essential to ensuring that new product is brought to the market in a timely manner and that plans used during the home building process are complete and accurate.
Job Type: Full-time Competitive salary based on experience. Medical, dental, and vision benefits offered
Applicant must have construction background with knowledge of building codes, understanding of best building practices, high proficiency in Revit, and high level of AutoCAD experience.
2-year degree in drafting required or equivalent experience 4-year degree preferred or at least 3 years of experienceMAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create construction drawings using Revit and AutoCAD software.
- Assist in new product development.
- Work with engineers to develop structural drawings and construction details.
- As necessary, work with engineers to facilitate the creation of engineer's letters.
- Analyze engineering drawings and data from consultants to insure coordination with the current designs.
- Print plans for permits and distribute for architect and engineer to stamp.
- Work with engineer to value engineer plans.
- Insure products and procedures meet Hamlet expectations.
- Coordinate with purchasing to develop community specifications and plan options.
- Review plans for accuracy and quality.
- Review plan sets for code compliance.
- Review Res-Check calculations from insulator to determine energy code compliance.
- Create additional drawings to assist in city and community approval. Assist in submitting plans and correcting redlines for new communities.
- Maintain plan library and online plan library.
- Update plans as required by plan change requests.
- Create custom house plans as required for custom option requests (COR's).
- Provide drafting and printing / copying support for other departments.
- Collaborate with team members to solve various drafting or other project challenges.
- Participate in drafting department meetings.
- Participate in architectural committee meetings as requested.
- Provide field analysis of product and provide creative solutions to problems encountered on site.
- Coordinate plan changes with other departments.
- Completely understand Hamlets products and options.
- Track progress and maintain schedules for all new products under development.
- Work five (5) days during the week; Saturdays if workload requires.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and organization skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Physical ability to work in an office setting, and also ability to move on uneven ground, climb ladders, etc. without assistance as needed on site.
- Tolerance for stress due to tight deadlines and short notice on changes.
Sales Assistant / Sales Trainee
Job Type: Full-time and must be able to work Sundays.
Salary Position with advancement opportunity to commission as communities become available.
Medical, dental, and vision benefits offered.
Candidate should be outgoing friendly, and enjoy working with people during their new home purchase process. Candidates need to have solid administrative skills, people skills, and computer experience. Real estate license is not required, but will be part of the training and advancement.
Sales experience required.
College degree preferred, but not required.
Homebuilding Assistant Supervisor
Hamlet Homes is part of the growing Hamlet companies group providing Utah families quality, value priced homes in attractively designed neighborhoods. We are looking for a Homebuilding Assistant Supervisor to work in our Salt Lake County and Park City communities.
Job Type: Full-time Medical, dental, and vision benefits offered
Applicant should have aspirations to grow and develop into Homebuilding Supervisor / Superintendent role managing their own homes and communities over time.
Construction Management degree is preferred.
- Perform tasks delegated by the Homebuilding Supervisor and support supervision in the construction process of Homebuilding and Customer Care.
- Ensure jobsite or home is ready to receive materials.
- Perform all punch-out work needed in order to ensure a quality product for the customer.
- Inform Homebuilding Supervisor of damaged material due to faulty workmanship or vandalism.
- Complete pre-settlement work designated by the Homebuilding Supervisor.
- Responsible for completion of items from the Quality Inspection within the 10 day Signoff period.
- Perform other tasks as delegated by the Homebuilding Supervisor.
- Customer Service — Handle customer service work orders, as assigned.
- Monitoring job site safety, cleanliness and adherence to jobsite SWPPP Plan.
- Acquiring technical knowledge in the installation of products used in the construction of homes.
- Effectively interacting with customers, subcontractors, and company personnel.
- Manage deadlines for job and home completion.
- Managing high volume workloads.
- Maintaining high quality standards.
- Managing time to accomplish goals established by the Homebuilding Supervisor.