Hamlet Homes is part of the growing Hamlet companies group providing Utah families quality, value priced homes in attractively designed neighborhoods.
Sales & Settlements Transaction Coordinator
- Must attend regular Sales meetings (and other meetings as necessary) – must be prepared with all reportable information regarding home sales, closing schedule, deposits due, etc. Will distribute any reports to the Sales and Production Teams and take detailed notes to update any reports.
- Responsible for the maintenance of several reports including Starts/Backlog/Monthly Sales/Cancellations, etc.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining Master Lot File as well as Working File including all contract and contract related documents, reports, budgets, and deposits.
- Scheduling of Homebuyer Orientation (Walk) and Closing dates/times and updating company and other calendars as needed.
- Receiving/Receipting/Distribution of Wire and Check lot deposits and Custom Option fees. Must maintain accuracy in accounting codes and lot allocation and prompt delivery to the accounting department.
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated ability in Windows Office Suite and OneDrive.
- Must be able to follow all department processes and procedures through to completion – no cutting corners.
- Responsible for periodic checks into DocuSign to check for unsigned items and notify the responsible Sales Rep and Seller.
- Although not always necessary, must be comfortable being assertive and holding parties accountable including outside lenders, appraisers, buyer agents, etc. Must be able to defend our policies and procedures to best serve our home buyers, vendors, and team members.
- The right candidate must have basic knowledge of Conv/FHA/VA loan programs, cash and 1031 Exchange transactions and the nuances and requirements of each.
- Demonstrate a willingness to provide the best possible service and strive to deliver a wonderful experience to our homebuyers.
- Have a collaborative disposition and be a “team player” and all that encompasses including accepting constructive criticism, contributing to group discussions, and showing enthusiasm for the work.
- Must be able to identify potential contractual issues, fact check, follow up and follow through.
- Process contract lot transfers, cancellations, and coordinate refunds.
- Update and maintain all related reports and electronic boards – compare and adjust for accuracy.
- Work closely with Production Team to track termite certificates, home keys and Certificate of Occupancy.
- Contract completeness and approval.
- Assist with new community set up and month end responsibilities.
- Prepare closing packets and verify all pricing and Seller contract obligations.
- Verify and approve settlement statements prior to closing – request revised statement if inaccurate.
- Regular and specific administrative duties.
- Any other related duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years working with residential contracts – Transaction Coordinator/Title & Escrow/Real Estate Agent/Residential Mortgage Lending/Legal
- Utah Real Estate License – Preferred but not required.
- Notary – Preferred but not required.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a deadline driven environment.
- Must possess a natural ability to interact with the Sales, Management and Production Teams as well as our homebuyers.
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail and compliance.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Extensive email communication and must use proper grammar, spelling, and vocabulary.
- Ability to identify the urgency and reprioritize immediately while maintaining a high level of service.
- Work independently without constant supervision and master time management.
- Demonstrate a willingness to improve the processes, procedures, and accuracy of the department.
- Be goal driven and demonstrate a strong desire to grow and acclimate to our company culture.
- Strive to exceed department and company goals – must be service oriented and a team player.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contract processing.
- Be confident in their abilities and recognize where they need help and be open to criticism.
- Ability to work in and adapt to an open concept office environment.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work hard and not be dependent/distracted by mobile phone or subject to personal matters on a regular basis.
- Must be willing to volunteer for more work or find opportunities to assist other departments.
Sales Representative Assistant/Trainee
Hamlet Homes is seeking a fun, outgoing and motivated individual that is eager to learn and grow as a Hamlet Sales Assistant/Trainee. The perfect person for this position will be disciplined, prompt and detail oriented and ideally would already have their Utah Real Estate License.
In addition to creating interest in our amazing Hamlet Homes Communities and Homes, they will project Hamlet Homes’ brand, values, and culture to all whom they come in contact with, especially prospective homebuyers. We are looking for the right person to add to our already GREAT Sales Team. We pride ourselves on our people being set up for success when we throw you out in the field, so the “trainee” part of this will last as long as it takes for this person to be ready. During the training period this person will familiarize themselves with the basic understanding of our communities, products and homesites available in the communities in which they may work. They will also be learning the “Hamlet Way” which includes providing a GREAT customer experience to all our homebuyers, maintaining our model homes and sales centers, and following the Hamlet Policy & Procedures – which are way better than any other company!
Some of the tasks this person will perform will include properly opening and closing our model homes and sales centers, ensuring they are presentable (which may include some trash pick up and emptying garbage’s – none of us are above that!), requesting community flyers, assisting our Sales Representatives, answering phone calls and emails from prospective homebuyers, and more of the details below. But the most important, is that this person will need to work on Sunday’s. Hamlet Homes wants to make buying a new home very convenient for all our potential homebuyers and that means, being open every single day, to accommodate busy schedules. So, if this is a problem, you probably should not apply. Sorry, not sorry.
And, of course, this person would want to work at an award-winning company, most recently awarded one of the Best Companies to Work for in Utah, that knows how to work hard and play hard (there might be some ping-pong or nerf gun fights in your future).
Things we need from this person:
Someone that can/will: • Maintain a professional appearance in dress and grooming standards. • Take-in and put-out brochure box daily, keeping box filled with at least (5) brochure packets each time. • Open and close the Sales Center and Models each day by turning off/on alarms, turning on/off all lights, straightening décor items, unlocking/locking as necessary all windows and doors, and ensuring that the home is presentable. • To ensure the Sales Center and Models are presentable, perform minor maintenance as needed to include but no limited to: spot cleaning mud on floors, emptying garbage receptacles, replacing burnt light bulbs, snow removal, etc. • Maintain a supply of extra brochure packets, approximately 25 at all times. • Answer phone calls professionally, keeping good record of who called and any action items necessary. • Check all messages including voice mail, faxes, and e-mails. Respond to each appropriately by explaining when the Sales Representative will be able to return their call. Maintain good record of messages and conversations (Journal) held with all individuals. • Complete necessary reports and forms as required by Sales Manager, such as, Timecards, Bonus Reports (if applicable), Vacation/Sick Leave Forms, etc. • Complete all checklists and journals as required by Sales Representative. • File or maintain filing systems for contracts, addenda, customer data base, customer contact, flyers, spec information, etc. • Assist and perform mailing, faxing, and customer contact systems (as defined by Sales Assistant) as necessary. • Meet and greet guests (customers, Realtors, and visitors) to the Sales Center. Register all guests per Hamlet’s Policies and Procedures. • Adhere to Hamlet’s Policy regarding unlicensed personal assistants. • Make unsolicited appointments for the Sales Representative. • Keep the Sales Representative informed as to what supplies are needed. • Work with Sales Representative to complete the weekly checklist.
DIMENSIONS For a person to be successful in the Sales Assistant position, the following job position dimensions are necessary. IN - Initiative WS - Work Standards JU - Judgment CSO - Customer Service Orientation IN - Integrity SA - Sales Ability/Persuasiveness EN - Energy
OTHER ATTRIBUTES Organized Computer Literate Dependable and Flexible Trainable Ability to Work Alone Neat/Professional Dress
Unlicensed Personal Assistants Unable to Provide Real Estate-Related Services Many of the top-producing Utah real estate agents are now using personal assistants in many capacities. Depending on whether the assistant is licensed or unlicensed, problems can easily arise if all the parties don’t have a clear understanding of their limitations in this type of situation. Personal assistants can be licensed or unlicensed, and their status has a direct bearing on the services they can provide. Unlicensed person assistants can provide clerical support services, such as filling, taking messages, running errands and scheduling appointments. But they cannot provide specific property-related information and services. For example, if an unlicensed personal assistant is helping staff an open house (always with a licensed real estate agent), other than greeting people and handing out preprinted sales materials, the assistant’s activities are restricted. The unlicensed assistant is unable to discuss the property with a prospective buyer in any other way. For instance, an unlicensed personal assistant is not allowed to tell the buyer anything specific about the property, such as improvements to the property, financing, etc. But in the same scenario, a licensed personal assistant can staff an open house either alone or with the licensee whom he/she assists. The personal assistant can discuss the property with a prospective buyer and answer any questions that may arise. In addition, a licensed personal assistant can help in all real estate related matters, such as making the necessary arrangements for an addendum to a contract to be executed. If the unlicensed personal assistant is hired directly by the agent, he/she must be paid by the agent and, as an employee of the agent, will receive a W-2 form at the end of the year. Also, the assistant cannot be paid in conjunction with the success or failure of any real estate transaction. The assistant must receive a predetermined salary separate and apart from any real estate transaction. Even though a licensed personal assistant is providing real estate-related assistance to only one specific sales agent, he/she must become affiliated as a licensee with the principal broker. The reason for this is the fact that the assistant is providing services for which a real estate license is required. He/she, therefore, needs to be affiliated with a principal broker. The licensed personal assistant is paid by the principal broker and can be paid either by salary or in conjunction with the closing of a real estate transaction. Even if the personal assistant is an independent contractor, any finders’ fees, professional fees, or commission payments must come from the broker. The most important point is to review the services the personal assistant is providing. If the assistant is providing real estate-related services, then the assistant must be licensed, work in the name of the broker, and receive any commission payments from the broker.