Hamlet Homes is part of the growing Hamlet companies group providing Utah families quality, value priced homes in attractively designed neighborhoods.
This position manages the Drafting Department for Hamlet Homes. This position is essential to ensuring that new product is brought to the market in a timely manner and that plans used during the home building process are complete and accurate.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate maintenance and organization of current base and community plan library.
- Interface with outside Engineer in maintaining structural guidelines and design.
- Review plan change requests with VP of Construction and Homebuilding Manager and update plans as necessary.
- Create custom option plans and acquire engineering as needed for permit and field use.
- Work with President, VP of Sales and VP of Construction to develop new product lines.
- Decrease plan change turnaround time and accuracy.
- Create and review floor plan layouts and renderings for marketing.
- Manage plan submittal and building permit process to maintain home starts pace.
- Value engineer plans during design and maintenance processes.
- Work with Drafting team to ensure plan standards are met and output is maintained to keep up with new Community start up and Permit Submittal Process.
- Supervise the training of drafting personnel as needed
- Responsible for interviewing and submitting new hire proposals to management.
- Conduct monthly 1 on 1 meetings with drafting staff.
- Maintain product square footage reports used for costing and marketing.
- Completely understand Hamlets products and option catalog.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the VP of Construction
REQUIREMENTSApplicant must have construction background with knowledge of building codes, understanding of best building practices, and high level of Revit experience. Must have Management experience in Drafting/Architecture. 4-year degree preferred or 6 years’ experience in Drafting and Management
- Work five (5) days during the week; Saturdays if workload requires.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and organization skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Physical ability to work in an office setting, and also as needed at homesites.
- Tolerance for stress due to tight deadlines and short notice on changes.
- Participate in weekly meetings.
- Attention to Detail
- Judgment / Decisiveness
- Oral Communication
- Planning and Organization
- Technical Knowledge
- Tolerance for Stress