When deciding to become a new homeowner, it’s essential to look for a safe community you can trust. A home should be able to provide safety and little to no concerns. Choosing the right community can have a major impact on what your home will resemble. Although there are many factors to consider when choosing a community, these are some of the most common pain points new homeowners ask about and factor in when buying a new home.
Townhomes for sale in Utah come in all shapes and sizes. Determining your ideal space can be a tug-of-war between form and function. Consider your options and make the most of your big move with the help of Hamlet Homes.
Find Your Ideal SpaceWhile searching for your new Utah townhome, the first decision you will face is deciding your ideal layout and desired square footage. These two items can work together or against each other, depending on design. You may find that, while beautiful, a townhome that has a complicated floor plan may not use the best options for their square footage. The good news is, Hamlet Homes townhomes maximize their square footage, without sacrificing style. By incorporating large windows and open floor plans, Hamlet Homes creates living spaces that feel larger and more customizable.
To Upgrade or Not to UpgradeThroughout your search of townhomes for sale, you will encounter options to upgrade your space. It might seem fun to max out your budget now. However, we suggest considering the functionality of your upgrades and whether or not they will be useful for your family. Consider your daily actions. Do you enjoy cooking regularly? If so, a kitchen space that has high-end appliances may be an amenity that suits you. Do you love to entertain? Consider townhomes with private decks attached to your living room. Paying attention to what is important to you will help you find the most functionality out of form in your new home. With features like these in every Hamlet Homes townhouse, we take compromising out of the equation. Granite countertops, walk-in closets, and private patios are just a few of the built-in amenities our residents enjoy. Also, we outfit our townhomes with the latest eco-friendly appliances and solar power capabilities, giving you the power to reduce your carbon footprint while still enjoying modern luxury.
Function in FormWith the wide array of townhomes for sale in Utah, the task of finding the right place for you may seem daunting. Remember to identify your ideal space, and the way you plan to use it. With these points in mind, your new townhome will fit your lifestyle like a glove. Finding the function in beauty is easy with Hamlet Homes. Contact us today to get started with one of our experienced agents. We’ll help you find a townhome that’s the perfect fit for you and your family.
Buying a new home from a home builder is different than purchasing an existing one. You’ll want help from an agent that has experience in the process. Find out our top reasons why it pays to have an experienced agent by your side.
1. Your agent will help you select the right floor plan for your family.The floorplans offered by Hamlet Homes are thoughtfully designed to maximize your living space and provide an open and airy atmosphere. Therefore, we have different floor plans — of different square footage — and choosing the right one for your family might seem a little daunting. Your agent will help you ask yourself the right questions so that you can choose the right home for your family size and lifestyle. Ending up with a home that is too large to maintain or one that is so small that it feels cramped doesn’t happen to our clients.
2. The sales agent will help you understand what is standard and what is extra.The Utah homebuilders at Hamlet Homes don’t believe in nickel and diming our buyers. We think every home should have your desired features as soon as you purchase it. That’s why our standard features are other homebuilder’s upgrades. You won’t have to weigh the choice between upgraded cabinets and granite countertops. We include both! When you are looking at constructing a new home, the agent will provide a feature sheet. With their help, you know all included amenities.
3. Your agent will ensure your paperwork is correct and complete.Even for those who’ve purchased homes in the past, new home construction is a different ball game. There are contracts and warranties to scour and doing it by yourself is too challenging for most. Fortunately, your agent will go through the documents with you, making sure you understand the transaction before closing.
4. Agents who work with homebuilders understand the intricacies of new construction.An experienced agent who works will the homebuilder can better assist you in understanding everything that’s required for your new home construction. This includes deadlines for requested changes, money necessities, as well as completion timelines.
5. Get help managing the transaction.Financing with your homebuilder and the sales agent is typically easier than purchasing a previously-owned home. The main reason is that we have preferred lenders and title companies with whom we work with on a daily basis. Because of these close relationships, our lenders are able to fast-track your paperwork by knowing the ownership history, area restrictions, and HOAs in advance, making your closing a smooth one. Who can say that about their mortgage financing? If you have questions regarding new home construction or if you would like to work with one of our experienced agents, contact the experts at Hamlet Homes. We can help you pick the right community for your dream home and get to working with you on the build right away.
Choosing a new home builder in Utah is a tough decision because there are many builders to choose from. That being said, if you watch for signs of a good home builder, that list is drastically shorter. Check for these signs, and you’ll know you’re in good hands with your home builder.
Signs of Reputation & TrustWord-of-mouth goes a long way, and luckily, you don’t need to hear from a friend or family to get an understanding of a business’s reputation. Instead, you can see their reviews and ratings online. The best places to check are Google and Facebook, both of whom will vet out seemingly false or profane reviews and show you ones from real customers. If you see there are more negative reviews than positive ones or very few reviews in general, you may want to rethink your relationship with the homebuilder. Alternatively, you can try to find a personal connection who can vouch for their abilities.
Great PeopleChoosing a home builder isn’t just choosing one person — you’re hiring an entire team. If you have great experiences with the folks who answer the phone, the agents, and the builders, you found a great crew who will clearly work for you. When the people are great, that means the company has clear values and guidelines on how to treat their customers. If your interactions are left wanting, you may want to choose a different group.
Easy CommunicationAre you able to get through to your homebuilders? Most are quick to respond to the first couple of calls, but if your builder continues to get back to you when they know you require something of them, they value your time and business. On the other hand, if your home builder doesn’t respond to you fairly quickly, they either don’t value your time, or they may have organization issues. Either way, we suggest finding a more responsive group to work with.
Quality BrandAn easy way to tell if your builder strives to make quality work is if they have a quality brand. Brand-cohesive business cards, websites, and other printed or digital materials demonstrates that they care about their reputation. In effect, they will strive to produce quality work. Are you ready to work with the premier homebuilders of Utah? Call Hamlet Homes today to discuss communities and availability and begin the journey to your dream home.
At Hamlet Homes, our team is there for you throughout the entire home-buying journey — pre-planning, financing and on through construction. We know buying a new home can be a daunting process, but it doesn’t have to be! Let us help you get approved, so you can get into your new home in Salt Lake, without the heightened anxiety.
1. Get Your Credit in Order.Like most consumers, if you aren’t getting ready to make a large purchase that involves some sort of financing, you may not be very familiar with your credit score. Some homebuyers don’t even check their scores prior to submitting a new home loan application. Don’t be left in the dark. Pulling your credit score only takes a few minutes, and it can prevent your mortgage application from failing from a low score or identity fraud. If your score could use a little improvement, pay your bills on time, lower your debt, and fix any crediting errors on your report.
2. Save, and Save More.Though you can find options for home loans with zero percent down, most lenders require some form of down payment, usually 3.5%. In fact, the more you can put down on your home, the better. Higher down payments — above 20% — lower your monthly payment and negate the need for private mortgage insurance (PMI). Down payments aren’t the only cash expense during the home buying process. Be sure to have enough cash saved for:
- Closing Costs (typically 3 – 5% of mortgage balance)
- Home Inspections
- Title Searches
- Application Fees
- Other Moving Expenses.
3. Maintain Job Consistency.Any changes to your employment can delay or stop the mortgage process. Taking a new position that is lower paying, commission-based, in a different field, or becoming self-employed requires your lender to re-evaluate your finances. Occasionally, it can derail your mortgage entirely.
4. Pay Down Debt.The amount of debt you owe compared to your income (debt-to-income ratio) determines the amount of money you can obtain from the lender. If your ratio is too high, meaning you carry a lot of debt, the lender may approve you for less or reject your application altogether. For this reason, we suggest keeping your monthly debt payments lower than 36% of your gross monthly income. Even if you’re approved, be sure to avoid obtaining new debt until you close on your new home. You can stop your mortgage from closing by financing a new car or purchasing items for your single-family home on credit. Be sure to wait until after close before making these purchases.
5. Get Pre-Approved.Pre-approval for a mortgage loan can put your mind at ease and help you determine the amount you can spend before you begin the bidding process. These days, pre-approval is a fairly quick and simple process, so don’t wait to ensure you have the funds available to purchase your new home. If you’re still concerned about getting approved for your home, speak to the experts at Hamlet Homes today. We can offer you advice specific to your situation, and help you qualify for the right mortgage.
Are you struggling to determine the right square footage for your new home in the Salt Lake City area? Large homes offer more bedrooms, space for storage, and bonus rooms for whatever hobbies or needs you may have, such as a home gym or office. On the other hand, smaller homes are easier to maintain and have lower heating and cooling costs. Given the tradeoffs, how much square footage do you actually need in your new home? We suggest considering your lifestyle and family size to choose the right home. Here are a few things to consider before buying:
Family SizeWe know that it can be difficult to predict the exact number of family members who will live in your home in the future. However, you probably have a good idea of your long-term family goals and the number of bedrooms you will need. Also, consider how often your extended family will visit and how much space they will need. Do they stay with you regularly, or do you do most of the traveling? If you are expected to frequently host, be sure to factor additional people into your bedroom plans.
Square Footage LifestyleAre you a homebody, or do you lead an active lifestyle? Do you like to entertain, or do you prefer to go out? The answers to these questions will help you decide how much living space you need. If you want to throw the perfect holiday party, you should be able to comfortably fit 30 to 40 guests in your space. If not, square footage that allows for private space for each family member will likely suffice.
Ideal Layout for New HomesSometimes the right layout can compensate for a smaller space. At Hamlet Homes, we optimize each floor plan for maximum efficiency. Therefore, even our smaller floorplans are designed for functionality and comfort, so you never have to worry about awkward layouts that render a portion of your new home useless. Remember: layout almost always trumps size.
Room for GrowthConsider how long you would like to be in your home. Now, think of how your lifestyle and family size may change during that time. Have you chosen a home that will allow for growth? If not, consider making adjustments, so you don’t outgrow your new home too early. For help determining the right square footage for your new home, consult the experts at Hamlet Homes today. We can help you narrow down your priorities to pick the best square footage for your family.
At Hamlet Homes, we’re thrilled to be homebuilders you can count on when searching for a new house. We have years of experience building neighborhoods and providing beautiful homes that will make you and your family proud and happy. If you are thinking about buying rather than keep renting, this is for you. Here are some of the major benefits of owning your home.
Remodeling BenefitsWhen you rent a home or apartment, your options for improving the living space are very limited. When you own a home, remodeling is completely up to you – and it can benefit you both personally and financially. Not only do renovations make your home more enjoyable for you and the entire family, they can also provide value. Additions like landscaping, central air, updated appliances, and/or insulation can lead to a major hike in your resale price and may allow you to make some very basic tax deductions as well.
Own EquityBuying a home is a personal investment. As you pay off a basic mortgage loan, you are building equity in your home-owning more and more of it as you move along. After years of building up, you can use the money to take out a home equity loan or line of credit for help.
Locked-In CostsWith a rental situation, it’s common for the landlord to increase rent year over year – even if you are living in the same unit. The price increase has actually outpaced inflation due to high demands since the housing bust. Owning your own home, acts as a hedge against this. Especially if you have a fixed-rate mortgage, your monthly costs will be the same no matter what’s happening in the market.
Tax BreaksOwning a home also comes with major tax breaks. You can get mortgage interest tax breaks, and there are several others depending on your exact situation. Sites like TurboTax make these kinds of deductions easy to figure out. For more on why owning a home will benefit you or to learn about any of our new home construction, speak to the pros at Hamlet Homes today!
As your premier homebuilders in Salt Lake City, Hamlet Homes knows it can feel intimidating to construct your dream home. You may have always wanted to build but pushed the goal aside thinking it was too lofty. Perhaps you simply can’t make a decision on whether to buy or to build. Don’t worry, we’re here to help! Here are a few signs that you’re ready to work with a homebuilder and construct your home.